Thank you for your interest in the ROX School of Dance and Drama. I hope the following information will answer any questions you may have, but please feel free to give me a call if you wish to look round the facilities on offer.
- Yes. We are experimenting with the online learning App called Zoom. Please either visit the Home Page or the News Page for up-to-date details.
- ROX was founded in 1991 and moved to the current premises in 2016.
- 2 Studios with wooden floors and mirrors.
- Boys and girls changing rooms plus a parents waiting area.
- Dance clothes can be ordered in.
- Dancing including Ballet, Modern, Tap, Jazz and Boys-only classes.
- LAMDA and New Era Drama exam classes.
- RAD & ISTD examinations.
- Musical Theatre – includes dance and drama.
- All classes are available “just for fun” or towards recognised exams.
- Classes also taught at many local schools including Lancing Prep, Deepdene, Brighton & Hove High School and St. Christophers.
- Rox has provided juveniles for Theatre Royal Brighton pantomimes.
- Every 3 years ROX holds a show at the end of the Summer term incorporating all aspects of dance, drama etc, and all students are invited to take part.
- The School enters both group and solo performances in the Brighton, Worthing, Eastbourne, Croydon, Hastings and Sussex Festivals, and all students invited to take part.
- 25 of our students have been selected to represent Great Britain as a part of Dance World Cup in Barcelona in June 2018.
- Past & present pupils perform in West End Shows and qualified as Dance Teachers.
- Each class has a “uniform” which must be worn.
- Any student paying for 3 classes is entitled to a free 4th class in any genre.
- Parents are invited to attend the last class of every term to watch and discuss their child’s progress.
- Families with 3 or more children attending ROX will receive 50% discount on the lowest fee.
I hope the above has answered your questions, but if you have any further queries then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Principal Miss Sophie Amison (FISTD/ARAD)