Thank you for your interest in the ROX School of Dance and Drama. I hope the following information will answer any questions you may have, but please feel free to give me a call if you wish to look round the facilities on offer.
- Yes, we are now offering reduced size lessons in the dance studios, but there is an option to attend these via Zoom. Please either visit the Home Page or the News Page for up-to-date details.
- ROX was founded in 1991 and moving to the current premises in September 2020.
- 2 Studios with wooden floors and mirrors.
- Boys and girls changing rooms plus a parents waiting area.
- Dance clothes can be ordered in.
- Parents waiting area/café.
- Dancing including Ballet, Modern, Tap, Jazz and Boys-only classes.
- LAMDA and New Era Drama exam classes.
- RAD & ISTD examinations.
- Musical Theatre – includes dance and drama.
- All classes are available “just for fun” or towards recognised exams.
- Classes also taught at many local schools including Lancing Prep, Deepdene, Brighton & Hove High School and St. Christophers.
- Rox has provided juveniles for Theatre Royal Brighton pantomimes.
- Every 3 years ROX holds a show at the end of the Summer term incorporating all aspects of dance, drama etc, and all students are invited to take part.
- The School enters both group and solo performances in the Brighton, Worthing, Eastbourne, Croydon, Hastings and Sussex Festivals, and all students invited to take part.
- 25 of our students have been selected to represent Great Britain as a part of Dance World Cup in Barcelona in June 2018.
- Past & present pupils perform in West End Shows and qualified as Dance Teachers.
- Each class has a “uniform” which must be worn.
- Any student paying for 3 classes is entitled to a free 4th class in any genre.
- Parents are invited to attend the last class of every term to watch and discuss their child’s progress.
- Families with 3 or more children attending ROX will receive 50% discount on the lowest fee.
I hope the above has answered your questions, but if you have any further queries then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Principal Miss Sophie Amison (FISTD/ARAD)